City kids and visiting families alike know there’s no better place for children than the Big Apple, and 111 Places for Kids in New York shows you where to take a big bite. From ultra-hip hangouts for the most urbane toddlers to natural wonders hiding in the middle of the concrete jungle, the five boroughs of New York offer children the richness and diversity of the world with the beloved traditions of home. In New York, you can explore the globe, from a Sri Lankan courtyard to a gritty parkour park to a quaint New England town — all with a swipe of a Metrocard.
With this guide, you will be inspired to explore new neighborhoods, treat the kids in your life to unbelievable experiences, and make the city your own. You’ll discover places and spaces you never knew existed, and rediscover familiar ones in new ways. Read up on helpful tips by been-there-done-that parents (psst — do you know where exhausted parents can bliss out on AC while their toddlers get friendly with baboons?). And learn insider secrets for ways to make the most of your visit to the parks, museums, restaurants, and adventures that make this metropolis so special and so inviting.
- The ultimate insider's guide to New York for kids
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 650 titles and 3.8 million copies in print worldwide
- Appeals to both the local market (more than 20 million people call New York City home) and the tourist market (more than 66 million people visit New York City every year!)
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs