- This necklace celebrates the two recognized forms of currency for getting around New York. An authentic dime-sized Y-cut New York transit token circulated since the 1950's and a mini MetroCard.
- The Token was phased out in 1999 and the MetroCard is meeting a similar fate, due to be discontinued by 2023.
- The mini MetroCard was printed at the same MTA press where the standard versions are produced.
- Ships with 18" antique brass chain.
- Officially licensed by the MTA, each item comes in a New York subway map-themed gift boxed with a Certificate of Authenticity.
It took 11 years for Tokens & Icons to become the first licensee of the New York Transit Authority in 1991. Fast forward to today, Tokens continues to produce many styles under license to the MTA, your assurance of authenticity.